Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The week I never thought I would see!

Ben and I traveled without the girls to Hawaii for his med school graduation. Congrats to Ben, or Dr. Benjamin Cloud (now). He graduated with a Pharm. D degree on May 14th and I couldn't be prouder of him!

Graduation dinner hosted by The University of Hawaii- Hilo

My two favorite Hawaii girl friends. I have missed them so much since we moved from Hawaii, they will never know how lucky I felt to have them as friends while I lived 1000's of miles from home!
Ben and his friend Jason after graduation



Richardsons Beach park- Hilo. I have imagined myself back at these beautiful parks so many times when I was freezing in KC from snow!

Our celebration dinner- Waikiki

My favorite surf town in Oahu

Waiamea Bay- Oahu, one of the best beaches on the island.



More photos of Hale'iwa town







Hawaii, you will always be a part of my life. I already miss you and the great sleep I got without the girls on this long awaited vacation!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great vacation!! So glad you both were able to enjoy Hawaii for a few days w/o the girls. :) Congrats Dr. Ben!!!

Lorilee said...

oh.... it was so good to see you. It made me sad we don't get to hang out all the time! I'm jealous of your and Ben's vacation.. mine wasn't much of a vacation, in fact- I needed a vacation when I got home from my vacation.
i love all your photos.
we'll talk soon!
congrats to ben.

Lindsay said...

it was so much fun to see you and ben, and i especially loved that we got to go to dinner without kids!! love your photos looks like you guys had an awesome time. miss you!

mothervickie said...

I am so proud of you benjamin for going through all the schooling and graduating and even working on the side while raising a family at the same time. I can't be so proud of you..I do feel blessed. I also feel proud of marcie for going through this with ben. It takes a lot to do this. Its done..just the boards now. I will be praying for you. I love you very much...and my grandkids, presley and layla and Marcie...this is wonderful...

mothervickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Domain name registration said...

Sounds like a awesome vocation and i really like this place. I love these pictures.

hapi said...

Hi Marcie, Ben, Presley, and Layla Cloud, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!