Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Great Husband- on my birthday

Ok, I'm usually not the sappy, mooshy type, but I had to post how great my husband is. As most of you know he is bogged down with studying everyday. (This semester in particular is supposed to be the hardest of all the 4 years) -so he has literally studied at the library from opening to closing, then for a few hours more when he gets home EVERY DAY. However, yesterday was my birthday and he still managed to make me feel special. I picked him up after a super long test and he took me to dinner and got me cake and watched an old horror movie with me. He has another test in a few days but despite how stressed he may have been and needed to study he still took the night off to be with me. I on the other hand probably wasn't the most fun to be around. I got completely sick feeling (thanks to this pregnancy) and threw up most of the night. But Ben still stuck with me. I LOVE YOU Ben, thanks so much for all of the hard work you put forth for our family!

ps.. The brown sweatshirt he is wearing in that photo is what we have named "his study shirt" I bought it for him on one of our first Christmas together over 6 years ago and I truly loath this shirt (I have tried to secretly throw it away at times). He wears it everyday because the library is cold. So this is the only thing I have seen him in for weeks and I am beginning to think I wont see him in anything else until Christmas break!!! hahaha:)

8 comments:

Tiffany Buhman said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! Sorry you are feeling so horrible, I'm so glad that it is you and not me (J/K), the thought of being pregnant again right now makes me want to throw up :o) I'm so glad I'm done!!!!!

Lindsay said...

i think only us wives truly know how much taking a night off from studying really means, especially during this crazy semester. i'm sorry you were feeling so sick :(
btw jason just told me he is buying ben a new sweatshirt for christmas!

Amy said...

What a sweet guy!! Well, now you know what to get him for Christmas... a new sweatshirt!

Melanie Hahn said...

First of all.....PREGNANT?!!!! Really?!!! How exciting! And congrats!!! How far along are you? Second, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I left you a comment on another post wishing you a happy day, not sure if you saw it. But that's great Ben gave you a happy night!

Melanie Hahn said...

So sorry to hear how sick you are! That is the worst part of pregnancy...good thing it doesn't last the whole time :). I know, I'm going to be 29 on the 30th...so not ready to be that close to 30!!

Lorilee said...

out to dinner, cake, a good horror movie, and no studying, sounds like the perfect birthday night.

hilarious about the shirt. and hilarious that jason is sick of it too.

Anonymous said...

hey Marcie~ so I dont care if you were blog stalking but I know you weren't. but some weird scary person posted something really weird about my obama osama comment and I didnt want to make people mad at me or feel bad. some of my friend are saying way rude things about that post....anyway I am not going to write something like that anymore. so you are pregnant again???congrats! and you are surviving Hawaii?? its way hard with ot family. we should get together some time...and Presley is a cute little girl!!

gratefulmouse said...

aw how sweat benjovi...you did all that for marcie...well, havent you noticed that ben is a romantic..they are a different breed of man...mostly sweat..but can turn on a dime..haha like his dad..he is emotionally like his dad...appreciate it while you can..too bad marcie couldnt enjoy it the entire time..hope your sickness is for a short time..all my pregnancies were different..Sam was the only one I wasnt sick for and didnt even know I was pregnant..all my others I knew the minute of conception...ben was however the shortest delivery time..3 hrs..painful but quick..and no pain meds at all..delivered naturally...as during the time I was having babies..it was back in the 70's and 80's and the usa at that time was in the "back to nature" mode and so no medicine was used to deliever babies ..no matter how hard i begged...but I did survive...so take care of yourself and ben be careful of all that studying..it can make you sick..if that happens call me and I will tell you what to do...and the spider I saw on this site..isnt the biggest in the world or not so much the world..the regular tree spider...is bigger...it was huge..bigger then a hand..and the body part was very bulbus..awful..I fell into a little creek and turned to get out and looked over at a tree ..i wasnt close to the tree but looked and there was a hole in the tree and webs all over it..and the giant tree spider was sitting there..I thought for a minute I was in the deepest darkest jungles of Africa...it scared me and I got away from it really fast...so happy happy birthday..your 29 yrs old..but your still young..age now is different..our parents your grandparents are still alive..what about their age group is helping them live longer..I feel my age group the baby boomers are going to die younger..I think even though the gramps went through the great depression, eating less must have saved them..or we have had more stress as adults because time is moving way too fast...anyway God bless and give presley bunches of kisses...xxxxooooxxxx....her cousin sophia london is having her 1st birthday nov. 1, I sent her a present as well. we love it here and are cozy in our tiny little apartment...dad loves his job...love you guys and I pray for your all the time...mother vickie..the mommie of all mommies..