Tuesday, October 13, 2009

30 Something

Today I hit my dreaded milestone of "30". I survived and actually feel good about it. I decided to look at the small lines taking up residency under my eyes and welcome them as a reminder of all the wonderful years I have lived and how lucky I am to have a beautiful family who loves me. I woke up to phone calls from family members and ate lunch with 2 of my best girl-friends here in Hawaii (Ben watched the girls so I could have a real lunch break:) Then in the evening Ben took me to Maui Tacos where we split 1/2 price Taco Tuesday and came home and had a big spread of cakes and ice cream. It was great.

ps-- my sister posted a really cute B-day blog for me. Check it out (thanks Tiff, you made my day) http://tbuhman.blogspot.com/
P and I taking a ride before we ate tacos













Can Ben pick great B-day treats or what (I love him and his sweet tooth very much:)

5 comments:

Tiffany Buhman said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Especially the sweet tooth part. Happy 30th!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

Hope the 4 of you are doing well!

Lindsay said...

what lines?? it doesn't get much better in hilo than maui tacos and dessert at home! i'm so glad we were able to go out and celebrate your b-day.

Lorilee said...

my mouth is watering at your birthday dessert. good picks ben.. there's nothing better than a boy with a sweet tooth.. they're hard to come by.
i'm happy i was able to spend a little lunch time together, and i'm rolling my eyes are your wrinkles comment.. please.

Melanie Hahn said...

I thought of you on the 13th! I was at my moms and their computer isn't hooked up right now or I would have emailed you! anyway, sounds like you had a great day and those treats Ben got you look YUMMY! So I'll be 30 next week...I hope I can find peace with it like you have done! Right now I do not feel happy about it at all!