Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trunk or Treat (my favorite time of year)

Our ward had our Halloween Trunk-or-Treat tonight. My friend and I decorated my trunk for the activity. The girls had a blast, well Presley (aka Tinkerbell) loved it. Layla (aka pink/purple bug) just hung out and tried to eat her hat. I decided to hand make their outfits (with a little help from Tiff sending me wings and booties for P) because we are limited on only walmart costumes here in Hilo and fabric is only 2$ a yard.--- Let me just say if I don't see a sewing machine for another 5 years it would be fine with me. It was more work then I bargained for, plus I didn't have patterns so I made it all up. (I had to re-fix everything a dozen times--hahah). The things you do for your kids!

Tinkerbell /happy little bug/family with our trunk/Our friends in HI


















































8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany Buhman said...

Super cute! Good job on the costumes. I'm surprised that the shoes fit Presley so well, did you have to take them up? Our ward activity is Friday and I need to take up emily's and ethan's costumes (don't worry I didn't make them, I wimped out) :o)

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures on your blog. Wish I could have been there. The costumes are wonderful, you did a fabulous job. You also look great in all the photos. I swear you just get more beautiful everyday.

love
Mom Nelson

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Marcie, you did a good job on the costumes. Your girls look so super cute. I can't believe you had your trunk or treat so early. How fun would that be. My boys are going as Batman, Robin and a jerster/joker. They are so excited. Your costumes look great and you did a fabulous job. Love that you really decorated your trunk. How fun!

Lindsay said...

don't give me any credit for the trunk - it was all you! it turned out great and so did your costumes. i'm way impressed with your sewing abilities! the girls looked absolutely adorable.

Lorilee said...

that is the best picture of layla.. you can see her little face starting to become her own.
i'm so happy june has friends to go to a halloween party with..
oh, and both their costumes were perfectly sewn and adorable.

Melanie Hahn said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you MADE those costumes! You are awesome!! They really look good!! I'll be posting some pics probably tomorrow of Mar is her costume, which I DID NOT make lol! Happy Halloween!

Kate and Ryan said...

I just loved these pictures of the girls in their costumes! They turned out wonderful & I'm very impressed that you sewed them!