Monday, November 3, 2008

Bens weekend study break:)

Ben finally had a weekend off from studying (that means he could start studying on Monday and have enough time-- yea!!!) I haven't spent a Saturday with Ben in nearly 6 weeks. Because it has been a really rough semester for him, plus I have been so sick that we decided we needed a little fun in our lives. So we drove to the other side of the island and spent 2 days and 1 night at the Waikaloa Hilton (because we are now local we get Kamaaina rate (sp?)--for locals, it was nearly 75$ off!!!) We had a great time, got to relax, get away from rainy Hilo, spend some time in a normal air conditioned room and eat really good food. P-lady had a blast, she got to swim and build sand castles. It ended too soon. I will just have to savor the memories for a LONG time:)

7 comments:

Tiffany Buhman said...

It looks fabulous! I'm so glad you were able to get some time away. When emily is older, Dan and I are planning on going to Hawaii :o)

Amy said...

Wow!! Amazing pics! It's so wonderful to get away! Like Tiff... I would love to eventually make it to Hawaii. Mike can come if he wants to, but I (emphasize I) will make it there someday!

Lindsay said...

oh i am soooo jealous. that looks so relaxing and so fun! you guys definitely deserved that break. now i just need to take a trip over there asap before i go crazy in hilo.

Brandi Wheeless said...

Hey there! I can't see the pix from work but I'm so glad you got to have some fun time. How are you feeling? Is the morning sickness getting better??? I hope all is well. Take care!

Melanie Hahn said...

so fun! We haven't been away in such a long long time! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

Lorilee said...

wow, what a great escape.
glad you had a good time.

Becca said...

(sigh)...oh, Hawaii...:)
I'm glad you got to enjoy your beautiful little Island with your family. All the study time will soon pay off!

p.s. I LOVE Presley's hair in the new picture...awesome!