Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in Hawaii

This year seemed really funny to me. Its just not the same being in Hawaii over a major holiday (when you normally have your family to share it with). But this year a few of the pharmacy married students got together and split the Thanksgiving menu up. I actually made the turkey and gravy. I have NEVER cooked a turkey before but it turned out sooo good - I was really glad. (I forgot to get a photo of it:( ..) SAD.. But we had a good time and all of the food turned out really good.





I also made my first pumpkin roll and it turned out sooo yummy. Ben and I have been eating it everyday and loving it:)



5 comments:

Lindsay said...

thanksgiving was so much fun! your turkey was cooked to perfection! you are now on turkey duty every year until we move. you've been holding out on us with that pumpkin roll, mmmm...
ps i swiped a picture from your blog to put on mine :)

Brandi Wheeless said...

Oh - it looks like you guys had such a wonderful day. Good job on the turkey, gravy and pumpkin roll. I made a pumpkin pie and some other stuff for thanksgiving and I have to say - it was my first pie making adventure. It went really well - easier than what I thought. Hahaha. Well - I'm glad I got see some pix of you. BTW - you aren't pregnant. Impossible. Hahaha. You look AWESOME! And little Presley - so precious. Love you guys.

Lorilee said...

the turkey was delish... good job.
we had a really great time, and I'm proud of ourselves.
I'm already looking forward to next year.

Amy said...

Congrats on your first turkey!! I was so proud when I made my first turkey as well (and my only one...). I took a pic of Tiff wrestling w/ her turkey Thursday morning. I'll have to post it on my blog. It wasn't the same w/o you guys there!! :( Pumpkin roll looks amazing! Oh, I found 4 swimming suits for Presley, for the next 3 years that she can wear. LOL Hopefully Mom will remember to bring it to you. They're SO cute!

Melanie Hahn said...

I'm so impressed with you making a turkey! I've never had to make one, but I have the feeling I'd ruin it! I didn't cook a single thing on Thanksgiving ha ha! I love pumpkin rolls, that sounds so good!