Thursday, November 19, 2009

Count Down to Christmas- Favorite Holiday Movies


Ok, I know Thanksgiving isn't even over yet but I am sooo excited about Christmas this year. Maybe its because Presley is starting to understand who Santa is, or maybe its because I get to go home Dec 4th and start the Holidays early. But we have already started watching Christmas movies with the girls and I am loving it! I want to know what everyones favorite Christmas movies are. I want to make sure I'm not missing on any of the classics out there. Most of you that know us, know that we are BIG movie fans but it may surprise you that we are constantly finding movies we haven't seen. So please list them all:)

ps-- ABC family is starting their count-down to 25 days of Christmas. They have great shows every night http://community.abcfamily.go.com/25-days-christmas/schedule

My top 5
Elf
Christmas Vacation

(all old school claymation-- ie Rudolph, Year without Santa Clause etc.)
Christmas with the Kranks
Mickeys Christmas Carol

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT IS ON!!!
Benjamin Clouds favs are:(No haters on my list please-(Mom))
1) Elf (only on christmas eve)
2) Santa Claus 1&2
3) Christmas w/ the Kranks
4) Christmas Vacation
5) Scrooge (1960's version)
6) Bonus: Penguins of Madagascar Christmas (I love those guys)

#2,3,4 only get watched in the month of Dec.

So get ready Cloud Ladies, cus christmas at the Clouds, IS ON!! BRING IT!!

Anonymous said...

Presley and Layla, I have been watching you. Thus far you made it onto the Nice list. We must wait and see how the plane ride to the mainland is....

I'll be watching..

-Santa and Rudolph

Tiffany Buhman said...

I still like the Polar Express, even though the animation makes people's face creepy. I think the truth is that I just like any Christmas movie.

But you did miss Charlie Brown's Christmas, or whatever it's called.

Kate and Ryan said...

Love your list, Marcie! Mickey's Christmas Carol & Elf especially! Ry & I LOVE "It's a Wonderful Life" (For Christmas Eve) & "Scrooge" (A musical with Albert Finney).
Oh, & Ryan wants me to definitely include his FAVORITE Christmas movies of ALL TIME... Die Hard I & II!

Anonymous said...

I love "It's A Wonderful Life" both the old and the new version. And "Miracle on 34th Street". There are others but you have most of them.

mom nelson

Anonymous said...

You totaly have to put down Dr Seusse's Grinch Stole Christmas. the cartoon one not Jim Carry crap. Elf, its a wonderful life, christmas vacation, the santa clause. well thats about all i can think of at the moment.
later
Wes

Lindsay said...

uh you forgot The Christmas Toy! it brings a tear to my eye every time. i absolutely love the old school claymation ones, too.

mother vickie said...

ok marcie before papa forgets..'ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE", CHRISTMAS VACATION, MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET, THE SANTA CLAUSE 1 & 2, EARNEST SAVES CHRISTMAS, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS WITH JIM CAREY, ELF, THE POLAR EXPRESS, NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, A CHRISTMAS CAROL WE JUST WENT TO 3D, sleepless in seatle, oh and for me..pretty much any sifi flick..haha..you know we are addicted to movies right..its our favorite thing to do..we saw 3D christmas carol..it was ok..I love 3D movies..happy holidays..xxxx000xx

Lorilee said...

cody and i love mickey's christmas carol too. we roll when the giant says-- "with pistac, with pistac, with pistachio" remember?
and lately i've been able to burp like elf.
anyway.. love your list.

Melanie Hahn said...

I LOVE christmas movies also!! Marlee loves Mickey's once upon a christmas and twice upon a christmas (pres will loves those). My husbands favorite classic is A Christmas Story (the one with the boy ralphie). There are more but I just can't think right now lol. ENJOY all your xmas movies though :)