Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines day with the Clouds

Ben and I aren't huge celebrators of Valentines day but we decided to cook ourselves a really good dinner and put the girls to bed early on Sat night. Since we can't ever go out to dinner without the girls, preparing a new special recipe always feels like a treat.

I found a SUPER yummy Beef Tips with Mushrooms in a Red Wine Sauce served over Sliced Baked Potatoes and a even yummier White Chocolate Almond Pie recipe. We topped it off with a sparkling grape juice and a little "Sam Cooke" music to set the mood. It was really relaxing and truly felt like we were eating somewhere else. The only thing I was missing was a waiter to refill my glass and serve me dessert LOL. Guess we can't have everything.















Then on Sunday we packed a picnic lunch and took the girls up to Akaka Falls. Its one of the Big islands most beautiful natural wonders. Huge waterfalls set in the rain forest. The girls loved it! I also got Presley twinkies as a V-day present. It was her first time eating one and she was instantly in LOVE, she ate 2!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a great dinner! I made some stuff from Pioneer Woman last night, and the rolls made in the cast iron is a MUST! So delicious! I'm jealous you have those beautiful places to hike around!!

Tiffany Buhman said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! I wish our weather was that warm, I went running this morning and it was 33 degrees. My eyes wouldn't stop watering :o)

Kate and Ryan said...

The Valentine's dinner you made looks delicious! I'm glad you guys got to go on a little adventure yesterday...how fun!

Lorilee said...

girls not a girl unless she likes twinkies.
what a fun weekend.. the dinner looks delish.

Lindsay said...

mmm you need to pass along those recipes. and some twinkies :) what a great weekend!