Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy B day to my sister

Today is my sisters birthday.

These are a few of my favorite memories of her:


1) Twirling a fire baton in a red polka dot uniform at my 2nd grade Assembly (she had super long hair and I kept thinking it was going to catch on fire).
2) Playing barbies together for HOURS or until our legs fell asleep from sitting with our legs crossed.
3) Letting me go out on my friends graduation night even though I was supposed to be grounded (mom and dad left her in charge:) Don't worry-- your too old to get in trouble now-hahah;)
4) Going to movies with me when mom and dad moved us to Missouri the summer before my senior year in high school (I didn't know anyone yet so we hung out alot).
5)Taking a propane curling iron to girls camp so she could make sure she could curl her famous bangs under any circumstances (just in case a boy happened to sneak into camp--hahah just teasing Tiff).
6) Sitting in moms white Lincoln (in our drive way) listening to "Winds Beneath my Wings" by Bette Midler- she listened to it over and over until she had all of the words of the song written down so she could memorize it.
7)Singing "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme me What I Cry For..." solo as part of your 8th grade choir program.
8)Singing Reba Mcentir's song in your leather-fringe outfit at the local county scholarship pageant.. (for those of your who didn't grow up in Duncan-- this was actually normal-- but still super funny--hahahah)

Happy B day sis:)

4 comments:

Tiffany Buhman said...

You are hilarious!! Thanks for the great post, here are my thoughts on your top 8:

1.I was scared to death of that stupid fire baton but the teacher was pretty insistant upon it, I was to young to say NO :o)

2.I loved playing barbies with you until wesley butched all of their hair.

3.I don't remember letting you go anywhere, are you sure I was in charge:o)

4.I loved becoming best friends, my favorite part was how we shared nachos and slurpees and we wouldn't share with any of the tag along guys.

5.I do remember the curling iron, I think mom still has it. I think high school was the last time I actually had bangs. It's a good thing styles changes!

6.I forgot about this, I was only doing it because all of my friends in 7th grade knew the words and I didn't. I had to beg... michael to record the song for me, since he was a DJ. (peer pressure)

7.I still remember how my 8th grade english teacher (can't remember her name) commented, "I would love to see you perform this at 18, and see the boys reactions". (Thanks for the mental picture, I was barely 12).

8.Oh Duncan... enough saig :o)

Amy said...

HA HA HA! Oh, I totally see a different side of Tiff now! :)

mother vickie said...

happy birthday...its wonderful to have fond memories ..I just went to see how my dad was doing in austin texas and met my sister there, and her daughter..aunt charlene. we have fond memories like that as well. sisters are special. My sister is the only other member of our church and we stand together united. happy birthday again..and God bless you and your family

Melanie Hahn said...

that was so cute! Sometimes I end up missing those days of being a young kid! fun to remember!