Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break 09

P's new hat and spring break re-cap:

I am getting a little lazy with my blog lately. But here is a slide show of our spring break. We traveled to the other side of the island for 4 days. We rented a condo with our Kamaina rate that allowed us to cook in the condo and save $$$$. We relaxed, ate out 2 times, swam, went to the beach, looked at shops, bought P-lady Melvin the giraffe - took him everywhere with us and mostly slept!! It was great. Tooo bad I am way big prego and SLOW right now--hahahah:)

The craziest part of our trip was on the way home. We had just under a 1/2 tank of gas and decided to go on saddle rd (bad road through mountains- but cuts time by 30 min). Well, our gas light came on and we had almost 30 miles left. hhahah- scary, no gas stations-- nothing, middle of no where!!! But it was all down hill so we coasted the entire way and to our surprise made it easily to Hilo and a gas station. I LOVE our HONDA!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

THEY'RE ALIVE!! :) Glad you finally updated your blog! I am SO loving that picture of P & Ben kissing! You've GOT to frame that one! Your belly is so cute! Kudos to you girl! :) Miss ya! {oh, and P's hair is getting SO long! Can you do braids yet?}

Tiffany Buhman said...

It looks like you had a great time! I can't believe how big presley has gotten. You look super cute pregnant! We love and miss you tons!!

mother vickie said...

of course I love those videos so I can see little presley..what a cutie..she is so cute..I cant wait to see baby number 2...and run out of gas...ben...got to make sure that u have gas in the car...anyway..I love you guys and miss you a lot..dad and I are doing ok...love U...oh and happy Easter..that is coming soon..my how time flies....presley grandma loves you....xxxxxoooooxxx

Lindsay said...

your trip sounds awesome. presley and her giraffe are the cutest. and so is your belly! i know we just got back but i want to do a trip over there and stay in that same condo, soon! i'm already getting antsy!

Lorilee said...

I'm already antsy too... let's go back asap.
i miss the sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, especially the one with you, Ben and Presley. You all look so good. Who took it? Professional quality look.
Man, P lady is so beautiful....you will have your hands full when she is about 15! Can't wait to see you all. Just want to throw my arms around all of ya, and smother Presley with kisses.

Love you, Mom Nelson

Melanie Hahn said...

What a great vaca! You guys are very lucky to have so many places close by to get away to! Is that giraffe from Madagascar? I think his name is Melvin..don't know. Anyway, Marlee is loving that movie and has been singing, "I like to move it move it." haha! she sounds funny saying that. I have to agree with the others, you do look SO GOOD pregnant! You are a lucky lady!